CHEAP TRICKS

Design, fashion, collectibles and craft ideas that make cents.

Pages


Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Seasonal secrets

We call it the holiday shelf.
It's an antique pine wall shelf that hangs on the wall next to my front door. It's where I display my seasonal collectibles.
You can always tell what holiday is on the horizon by glancing at my little shelf. I've got antique collectibles representing every holiday. But the holiday that gets the most shelf time, by far, is the Fourth of July. I place my Independence Day collectibles on my shelf in time for Memorial Day and they remain there until Labor Day when they're replaced with my Halloween collectibles.
The exterior of my house gets the red, white and blue treatment as well. I decorate my front porch with bunting and stick miniature flags in plant pots and watering cans. No one can accuse me of a lack of patriotism!

No comments:

Post a Comment

An icon and a meerschaum holy water font

An icon and a meerschaum holy water font

LinkWithin

An unusual straw crucifix

An unusual straw crucifix

An articulated St. Francis of Assisi

An articulated St. Francis of Assisi

Three vintage wooden santos

Three vintage wooden santos

A German wax baby Jesus on a bed of straw

A German wax baby Jesus on a bed of straw

wax saint dolls

wax saint dolls